Tour Times: Thursday & Fridays: 1:00pm-4:00pm/Saturdays: 9:00am-12:00pm
Location: Downtown Raleigh
The Raleigh Sightseeing City Bus Tour & Tasting is the best way to discover Raleigh’s incredible sights & historical attractions. Let the guides of Tobacco Road Tours introduce you to the Capital City, southern culinary scene while experiencing a little of the history of America’s 42nd largest city- Raleigh, North Carolina.
Testimonial: “Having just moved to Wake County I wanted to find a tour that would give me the scoop on Raleigh. FUN / LAUGHS / EDUCATIONAL / plus food and drink, what more could you ask for? What a great way to spend a day off. Brad was not only very knowledgeable, he was entertaining and obviously enjoys what he does! I can’t wait to take ALL the other tours!”
The tour features four main sections of downtown Raleigh: State Capitol, Historic Mordecai Park, a former 5,000 acre plantation, Raleigh City Market, the City of Raleigh’s Pullen Park, North Carolina’s first public park established in 1887 as well as a visit to the largest Victorian neighborhoods in America.
Highlights of the Raleigh Sightseeing City Bus Tour & Tasting:
- Explore multiple districts and discover the REAL Raleigh.
- See the Colonial home of the “father of Raleigh” Joel Lane (Cherry Bounce fame).
- Stop & tour the NC State Capitol.
- Hear the story about Raleigh’s Grog Alley
- Visit Historic Mordecai Park
- Visit Raleigh’s Pullen Park
- See and explore a National Historic Cemetery.
- Visit one of American’s largest and most beautiful Victorian neighborhoods.
- See the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and the The Nature Research Center -where scientists conduct research in the public eye to inspire a new generation of young scientists.
- Enjoy a classic sampler of one of Raleigh’s traditional diners! Tasty!
- Experience the famous Cherry Bounce drink.
- Try a Muscadine wine; bring back memories of old southern stately mansions, warm sunshine, and gracious hospitality.
How about Muscadine wine? North Carolina is home to the largest producer of Cool, Sweet and Easy wines made from the Muscadine grape. Ever try a glass with NC BBQ? OMG!
So how is a Capital City like Raleigh born? We’ll explain this and you will hear the story of Isaac Hunter’s Tavern where a drink called “Cherry Bounce” was served to the states commissioners who were trying to select the land where the permanent seat of Government would be located! Imagine Bourbon, fresh cherries (with the pits) fermented with mulling spices, YUM!
The tour has multiple stop & go’s to explore the real Raleigh in TRT's bus! Please dress appropriately for the weather. Wear comfortable shoes. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to departure time. Each guest must have a ticket purchased in advance. Tickets may be purchased up to 3 hours prior to the event date/time. Sorry, no exchanges or refunds. If we have to cancel the tour due to extreme weather, we will refund your money. This is a small group tour - 14 max.
Tour last 3 hours and runs each Thursday & Friday-1:00am-4:00pm & Saturday's 9:00am-12:00 Noon.
$48.00 per person plus a small service charge. Please note gratuity is not included in the ticket price. Our guides appreciate gratuities or TIPS where earned.
Downtown Raleigh. Exact meeting location will be emailed to guests once tickets are purchased.
Contact us for booking for your group. We are happy to provide a private tour for your personal or corporate group with a minimum of 10 guests. Great for team building, incentive/award programs, birthday and other types of celebrations.
If you like the Raleigh City Sightseeing Bus Tour & Tasting, here are a few more tours you may like: Raleigh Culinary & Cultural Walking Tour, Raleigh Craft Cocktail Tour, Raleigh Haunted Footsteps Ghost Tour & Raleigh Pub Crawl & Haunted Adventure Tour.