Haw River Wine Trail Tour with Tobacco Road Tours
North Carolina is home to over 100 wineries. The Tobacco Road Haw River Wine Trail Tour explores three of the best artisan wineries along the 50-mile wine trail. This short scenic drive winds through the heart of rural North Carolina, following the path of the Haw River. Located between Durham and Greensboro, the close proximity to NC’s Triangle and Triad area make this a wonderful, convenient way to spend a leisurely day of wine tasting and beautiful countryside sightseeing.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the experience. Your Haw River Wine tour includes:
- Fun and informative wine tastings at three wineries. Let us teach you the “technique” of wine tasting. We will discuss the history of our state’s fast growing wine industry, and the attraction of North Carolina’s wines.
- A delicious lunch in North Carolina’s wine country (inform us of special dietary needs).
- A chauffeured ride through our wine country, along North Carolina’s scenic highways and back roads.
Grove Winery & Vineyards: The 44-acre Guilford County farm features a small, artisan winery located on the sloping, mineral rich land of the Haw River Valley region. All grapes are hand harvested and used for a limited production of about 3000 cases of premium wine each year.
Featured wines: Merlot, Sangiovese, Nebbiolo, Cab Franc, Traminette & Tempranillo.
Iron Gate Vineyards & The Winery at Iron Gate Farms: Family-owned, by an energetic group of siblings, Iron Gate excels in the tasting experience department having won over 19 awards since 2005. Situated on rolling farm land once producing Brightleaf tobacco, Iron Gate Winery is picturesque from every angles.
Featured wines: Brightleaf White, Pack House Red, Dixie Dawn, Country Blooming & Flue Fire.
Rock of Ages Winery & Vineyard: Located in North Carolina’s southern Person County on the Moore family estate where tobacco was grown for generations. Communion wine was also produced on this land by Ernest Moore for area churches in the early 1900s. Now, his grandson, Kevin Moore and his wife, Kimberly, are carrying on that tradition as they are…”blending the old into the new.”
Featured wines: Chardonnay, Shiraz, Merlot, Cork & Pork & Muscadine Juice
Tobacco Road Tours will provide your group a pleasurable, meaningful, educational, fun filled touring experience of the Wineries & Vineyards in the Haw River and beyond.
Our Motto: the purpose of FUN, is to have some, come join US!
- Our private tours are offered on on-demand. Minimum 8 guests.
- Tours depart at 11:00 AM from and return by 7:00 PM. Your groups pick up arrangements are made based on a common point around the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill) and beyond.
- Cost includes all wine tastings, winery and/or vineyard tours, lunch, and transportation.
Transportation Options for Scheduled & Booked Tours:
- 8 to 10 people — 14 passenger Mini-Bus
- 12 to 30 people — Mini-Coach
- 31 to 57 people —Motorcoach
Transportation Options for Custom Tours:
We will use any transportation methods you desire inclusive of all the options above plus limousines and party buses. Additional fees incurred for alternative transportation methods.
Call us to book a Haw River Wine Tour: (919) 371-2653 ; Email us at TRTservice@tobaccoroadtours.com
More Great Food & Wine Tours:
Tobacco Road Tours – Raleigh Aphrodisiac Wine & Dessert Pairing Tour
Tobacco Road Tours – Yadkin Valley Winery Tour